Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Mobarak ! / Merry Christmas ! / Hanukah Sameach !

It’s the 25th day of December. The weather’s getting colder. More decorations can be seen in the city, specially in Villa street where the more Christians of city live there. I can’t help but feel that Christmas day is getting closer. So I thought of posting one of my favourite Christmas songs.
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
From the film ‘Meet me in St. louis”
Hugh Martin, Ralph Blane 1943

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Let your heart be light,
From now on,
Out troubles will be out og sight.
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Make the Yule-tide day,
From now on,
Our troubles will be miles away.
Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us,
Gather near to us once more.
Through the years we all will be together,
If the fates allow.
Hang a shining star upon the highest bolugh.
And Have yourself a merry little Christmas now.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't you get into trouble saying Happy Hanukah, or have I just been watching Fox News too much?

Sunday, December 25, 2005 5:48:00 PM  
Blogger The Miner said...

What did you mean exactly dear frank? I realy didn't understand what you mean !

Sunday, December 25, 2005 9:13:00 PM  
Blogger Liza said...

That's my absolute favorite Christmas song as well! When I was younger, my next door neighbor and her friend, both of whom had beautiful singing voices, recorded the song together as a Christmas gift to both sets of parents.

Are there lots of Christians in Iran? I am familiar with the Jewish population, but I suppose I never really thought about a Christian population as well. What is their status? How are they treated?

Monday, December 26, 2005 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Moji said...

Merry Xmas mate, hava fabulous year ahead of you. Nice song btw.

Monday, December 26, 2005 6:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's just that I thought you might get into trouble with the police if you were friendly to Jewish people or Americans, because I thought your government didn't like Iranian citizens to express positive thoughts about either group. But it appears that is not exactly the case since you are being friendly and don't seem worried about it. I didn't mean to be insulting in any way.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 3:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home